Millions of organizations around the world today seek to improve software delivery outcomes, and one of the best ways to do this is by embracing the world of Atlassian.
By offering a bevy of tools for project management, issue tracking, code management, Agile planning, document management, collaboration, incident management, service desk, and more, Atlassian helps teams enhance their processes and create incredible products. Since their tools are user-friendly, easy-to-use, modern and offer seamless integration across conventional IT systems, Atlassian is witnessing exceptional adoption rates and success.
Why Choose Atlassian Data Center
For organizations looking to improve the productivity of their teams, Atlassian Data Center offers the resources and infrastructure needed to work faster and smarter. Using Atlassian Data Center, your teams can reap the benefits of the high availability and performance requirements of applications while enjoying high deployment flexibility and tighter control over instances.
With implementation support across Agile, ITSM, and DevOps, Atlassian Data Center provides everything organizations need to scale their teams, applications, and infrastructure with confidence. Comprehensive security, compliance, and controls help organizations meet complex compliance requirements and enjoy uninterrupted access even during an outage.
Why Companies have separate application instances
In today’s digital world, as organizations are expanding across geographies, they are making substantial investments in Atlassian applications to meet the growing business requirements. Yet, due to various organizational factors, many businesses work with multiple application instances, which can bring productivity and efficiency down.
Here are the top reasons why companies end up with separate Atlassian application instances:
- Company acquisitions and mergers are one of the primary reasons why organizations wind up with multiple instances of Atlassian applications. When companies come together, they bring with them their own set of technologies, systems, and application instances and end up being that way – without anyone worrying about the repercussions.
- Given the massive portfolio of Atlassian products, it is not uncommon for individual teams within a company to set up their own Atlassian application. With every team spinning up their own Atlassian application instance to meet their specific need, the result is an excess of distinct application instances – which, when unnoticed, can create problems for the enterprise as a whole.
- For global companies running operations from disparate locations, the geographic implication is another common reason for multiple application instances. Companies such as these may operate a separate application instance at each location, which is further customized across different environments to meet the needs of users in that region.
- Companies who experience bottom-up growth also often find themselves with separate application instances. In the beginning, Atlassian tool adoption starts with a single team, as the company grows, it gets accepted by multiple teams, which leads to several instances of the same application.
Why it makes sense to consolidate the instances
Atlassian applications have a lot to offer across the software development lifecycle but deliver the maximum value when the instances are consolidated. Combining multiple Atlassian instances onto a single Data Center deployment is a great way to streamline the management and operation of your Atlassian applications.
Here are some compelling reasons why you should consider consolidating your Atlassian instances into the Atlassian Data Center today:
- Reduced complexity: Companies where Atlassian applications begin small and grow organically with time often find themselves with multiple instances deployed in different ways – which leads to complexity for users and IT teams. Managing individual instances while continually switching between instances to keep track of users, activities, and issues puts a lot of pressure on teams. Consolidating Atlassian instances overcomes this drain of IT support agents’ time, significantly increasing their productivity by overcoming the challenge of instance switching. Also, users only need one set of credentials to access connected instances.
- Improved collaboration: For organizations struggling to drive value from multiple Atlassian instances, consolidation paves the way for increased visibility and traceability across delivery centers. Since permissions, security levels, groups, and more become standardized, teams enjoy improved collaboration through consistent configurations, project templates, reports, and more.
- Increased communication: Atlassian instance consolidation also helps in maintaining (and improving) smooth communication and control over independent Atlassian environments. Teams can not only enjoy all the advantages of different instances, but they can also centralize authorization management for several instances – thus increasing communication.
- Reduced costs: Another compelling reason to consolidate all Atlassian instances into a single Data Center is cost reduction. Consolidating into a single instance saves on license costs, while also reducing infrastructure and maintenance overhead.
- Enhanced security: By moving individual application instances into the Atlassian Data Center, teams can get rid of security issues that arise in a siloed environment. Since systems, practices, and reporting capabilities get standardized across the organization, it leads to better operations and enhanced security that can help teams in creating better quality products.
- Increased stability: Combining multiple Atlassian instances into a Data Center instance also increases the stability and performance of Atlassian applications. Workflows stability is increased, allowing teams to be on the same page – at all times. With a unified stream of activity, a single overview of reports, and end-to-end monitoring, teams no longer have to switch between instances.
- Easier upgrades and maintenance: Consolidation of Atlassian instances into the Atlassian data center can also ease up the process of upgrades and maintenance. Since every application will only have to be updated/upgraded once – as compared to updating/upgrading them for every instance, organizations can gain global visibility across application administration while simplifying maintenance and upgrade using a single platform.
Streamline business performance
As organizations develop beyond boundaries, management of separate Atlassian application instances becomes a Herculean task: from managing every instance individually to streamlining communication and collaboration across different instances, improving visibility, enhancing security, and taking care of upgrades and maintenance. Consolidating Atlassian instances into a single Atlassian Data Center instance is a great way to streamline the user experience, application management, and business performance.